Loose motion or diarrhea refers to the frequent passage of stools which are slack and soggy. Watery bowel actions are very much common nowadays and are typically not very severe. But it will cause loss of water and minerals from the body. Usually an individual might have diarrhea once or twice every year. These kinds of situations are more frequent in kids. Loss of water from the body can also cause dehydration in an individual. It also might effect in weakness, loss of appetite; stomach ache etc. Gastric or Viral Infections possibly will cause diarrhea and display symptoms like fever and fatigue.
A general cause of diarrhea is unabsorbed food.
Reasons of Diarrhea (Loose Motions)
There are countless causes of diarrhea. The main causes are
• Food poisoning or infection triggered by bacteria
• Contamination by other organisms such as parasites
• Allergies to particular food
• Foods that upset the gastrointestinal system
• Diseases like ulcerative colitis diseases
• Certain medication
• Some cancers
• Excessive Alcohol usage
• Trauma or seizure
Foods to eat during Diarrhea (Loose Motions)
Diarrhea causes dehydration, and consequently, diets during diarrhea or loose motions (dysentery) must be emphasized on replacing the lost liquids. Oral intake or saline drip with sodium and glucose will help the patient with the essential fluids and nutrients.
- Rehydration is vital as individuals try to recuperate strength and get better. For starters drink around 8-10 glasses or 2 to 3 litres of water. Water rehydrates, but does not offer vital nutrients such as sodium and potassium. Consumption of electrolyte water may benefit to supply necessary nutrients. Progressively introduce other liquids such as thinned tea, watery fruit juices, strained fresh juices, and pure soups. Doctors suggest drinking one glass of pure fluid for each loose bowel movement.
- Soft, bland foods such as bananas and apples offer crucial nutrients such as potassium. Squashed bananas and applesauce contain pectin, a water-soluble fiber, which benefits to decrease diarrhea.
- Probiotic supplements and energetic values present in yogurt deliver a natural source of probiotics refining colon health.
Home remedies to stop Diarrhea (Loose Motions)
Poor eating habits are perpetrators of common stomach disorders like diarrhea, which may also carry other types of health problems like weakness, loss of appetite, stomach ache and dehydration. Hence, use these five easy home therapies that won’t let those watery formless stools which keep you miserable. Traditional medicine uses herbs such as ginger and peppermint for curing diarrhea. Herbal teas made from ginger root or mint leaves can also help to pacify on stomach ache.
Ginger: Consumption of a small amount of ginger will help to lessen the formation of unpleasant gases in the stomach, thereby, helping in controlling loose motions.
Sweet lime/Coconut water: If you are suffering from mild loose motions, you can also try to have sweet lime water or coconut water.
Mustard seeds: Consumption of a teaspoon of mustard seeds with water will also help as it brings remarkable change after sometime.
Buttermilk: Buttermilk is a brilliant alternative as acid in it battles germs and bacteria and helps clear stomach.
Bananas: Consumption of bananas along with a slight amount yogurt is the utmost traditional home therapy to stop diarrhea and it works sensational.