Weight loss, a strong and flexible physique, healthy-looking gorgeous skin, serene mind, good well-being – Whatsoever you might be looking for, yoga is the best suitable solution for it. Though quite often yoga is only to some extent understood as being limited to asanas (yoga stances). Although we think its benefits are only apparent to be at the physical level but we fail to understand the immense advantages yoga as to offers in uniting the mind, body and soul. Once you have acquired harmony and your mind is at peace, the journey through life can be achieved peaceful, soother, happier and more satisfying.
The advantages of yoga are felt in a thoughtful yet subtle way. Below we focus at the health benefits yoga practice provides.
- All-round fitness. You are truly healthy when you are not just physically fit but also mentally and emotionally composed. “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not just the absence of disease or infirmity”. This is where yoga benefits in postures, pranayama which are basically breathing techniques and meditation are an all-inclusive fitness package.
- Weight loss. What many want! Yoga benefits here too. Sun Salutations commonly known as Surya Namaskar and Kapalbhati pranayama are some ways to support lose few pounds with yoga. Additionally, with daily practice of yoga, we tend to develop more sensitive to the kind of food our body asks for and when. This can also aid keep a check on weight.
- Stress relief. A few minutes of yoga during the day can be a great way to get rid of stress that accumulates daily – in both the mind and body. Yoga positions, pranayama and meditation are very effective methods to release stress. You can also experience how yoga helps detoxify the body and de-stress the mind.
- Inner peace. We all love to visit peaceful, serene locations, full of natural beauty. But we never understand that harmony can be established right within us and we can take a mini-vacation to experience this any time of the day! Benefit from a small holiday on a daily basis with yoga and meditation. Yoga is also one of the greatest ways to calm a distressed mind.
- Improved immunity. Our system is a unified combination of the body, mind and spirit. An abnormality in the body disturbs the mind and correspondingly unpleasantness or restlessness in the mind can manifest as an illness in the body. Yoga postures massage body parts and strengthen muscles; breathing techniques and meditation release stress and improve immunity.
- Living with superior awareness. The mind is continuously tangled in activity – fluctuating from the past to the future – but never hang around in the present-day. By merely being aware of this tendency of the mind, we can essentially protect ourselves from getting stressed or worked up and relax the mind. Yoga and pranayama supports to produce that awareness and bring the mind back to the current moment, where you can remain cheerful and motivated.
- Better relationships.Yoga can even help you develop your relationship with your partner, parents, friends or precious ones! A mind which is stress-free, cheerful and satisfied is better capable to deal with sensitive relationship difficulties. Yoga and meditation basically focus on keeping the mind happy and peaceful; benefit from the strengthened special bond you share with people close to you.
- Increased energy. Do you feel completely drained out by the end of the day? Shuttling between multiple tasks throughout the day can sometimes be relatively exhausting. A few minutes of yoga daily offers the secret to feeling fresh and energetic even after a long and stressful day. A few minutes of meditation benefits you greatly, allowing you to feel refreshed and recharged in the middle of a hectic day.
- Enhanced flexibility & posture. You merely must to include yoga in your everyday routine to benefit from a body that is tough, agile and flexible. Systematic yoga practice stretches and tones the body muscles and also makes them strong. It also benefits to develop your body posture when you sleep, sit, stand or walk. This would, in turn, support to get rid of body pain due to improper posture.
- Better intuition. Yoga and meditation have the power to improve your intuitive ability so that you effortlessly understand what should to be done, when and how, to produce positive results to make it work. You only need to experience it all by yourself.
Remember, yoga is a constant process. So always keep committed! The deeper you move into your yoga practice you will understand it has many more benefits.