Banana is very much a staple fruit of India. Out of so many properties the best thing about bananas is that it is not only delicious but is also cheap and available throughout the year unlike the other fruits.
Banana is a fruit which is still very casually consumed for its sense of taste, texture and a sensation of fullness unlike other fruits which are eaten due to their amazing health benefits. A lot of people unquestionably prefer it due to its low price. No matter whatsoever sense it might be consumed, banana is very healthy and a nourishing fruit. This is a much lesser acknowledged fact. Excluding its limitations for diabetes and weight loss, like other fruits this banana also deserves high esteems.
Amazing Health benefits of banana
1. Bananas are a caloric dense fruit. Consuming just one banana anytime through the hectic day makes one feel energetic.
2. Banana is a food most appropriate when small but nutrient dense food has to be given in situations of extreme weight loss or extreme fever where the body becomes weak and there is food aversion.
3. They are a good source of potassium and magnesium which aid in maintaining normal blood pressure and are heart protective.
4. The high potassium content promotes bone health too.
5. Banana helps counteract the urinary calcium loss caused due to increase ion potassium levels in the urine.
6. Bananas have an antacid effect and are said to shield you against gastrointestinal ulcers. They comprise a composite termed as protease inhibitor which defends the stomach from unfriendly bacteria which cause stomach or gastrointestinal disturbances.
7. Bananas are also known to stimulate cell proliferation which thickens the stomach mucosa and is a barrier against stomach acids.
8. Conditions like diarrhea or loose motions can certainly dehydrate the body and deplete the electrolytes. By consuming banana you can benefit of restoring the lost potassium and it also helps to sustain heart function.
9. Bananas are highly rich in the solvable fibre pectin which also benefits for healthy digestion and eases out constipation.
10. They are a rich source of fructooligosaccharides which act as a prebiotic and stimulate the growth of friendly microorganisms in the intestine. It also helps to defend us from dangerous bacteria which cause gastrointestinal disorders.
11. Fructooligosaccharides also produce digestive enzymes which improve the ability to absorb nutrients.
12. Bananas contain short chain fatty acids which are essentially needed by the cells lining the abdominal tract to stay strong. Thus helping further to improves the nutrient absorption.
13. They are a good source of carotenoids which are antioxidants and have a protective influence against chronic disease condition. They as well have a high content of antioxidant phenolic compounds.
14. Banana is known to solidify a soothing effect. It also contains a composition known as tryptophan which on getting converted to serotonin improves mood.
15. It is one of the ideal foods to be eaten instantaneously right after a vigorous workout too. The simple sugar present in it rapidly helps to provide energy and normalize the blood sugar levels.
Bananas can be eaten entirely as a part of a salad, as a healthy liquid refreshment or as a component of a vegetable. It is a naturally available fruit for one which can be consumed by every age group.
For more information and queries you can feel free to drop a comment below. You can also check out our other blog articles.